Core Values = PRIDE

Core Values = PRIDE

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Welcome!


Welcome back to school!

We’ve been waiting for you!

 

Dear Phoenix Collegiate Academy scholars and parents,

            Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year. Everyone here at PCA is excited to begin this school year. Having students in our classrooms and making relationships with students and families are the things we enjoy the most.

            My name is Ms. Sarah McDonough; I will be the 8th grade English Language Arts teacher here at PCA. This will be my twelfth year in the classroom. I love teaching and I especially love teaching literature. I have experience teaching here in Arizona and also abroad, as I lived in Ukraine for 27 months working with the Peace Corps.

            This year in 8th grade English Language Arts, we will be focusing on preparing scholars for High School. In addition to honing study habits and building grammar and vocabulary skills, we will also be engaging in scholarly discussions and reading advanced literature that teaches strong character skills and reinforces equality, justice, and human rights. Our books and activities not only build strong character, but they also empower our students to think critically about essential issues.

            Again, I am so excited for this new year. Please feel free to contact me anytime with questions or concerns. Welcome back!

 

Sarah McDonough


(623) 282-1568

No comments:

Post a Comment